November 06, 2008

Am I so emotionally attached to my blogs?

Sometimes I think, what would have been my life if I was in India now. May be I would have become a project lead in one of the MNC and earning may be few thousands with the job security issue always haunting my mind. Coming to the US was good in one way. I had to quit my job, which I don't regret at all. I am able to do something I love - Blogging.

Blogging was very new to me when I came to the US last year. The first few months of my stay in the US was real fun. Get up,make lunch,watch TV,sleep. This was pretty much what I did. But started to feel very useless. So I started to blog about recipes in my food blog. Basically, shared what I cooked daily. When I saw the response from other food bloggers (mainly who were at home doing the same thing as me), I knew I had found my thing!

Oh! there is a whole world out there like me reaching out for poeple. This is when I found Blogging interesting and my cup of tea. Now I have grown pretty much in blogging world. Learnt a lot of things from others and also sometimes shared my learnings. All went fine. But...

One day I realized that I am was completely obsessed by blogging. I started to eat,walk,talk blogging. Started to avoid my regular duties which I am supposed to do as a homemaker. And the worst part is I got very disappointed if I do not get a comment in my blog. Those were days. Now I am pretty much under control. But few things bother me a lot.

As a food blogger, I know how difficult it is to run a blog. Take pictures, cook, post and blog about them with your personal touch. But, there are food blogs out there which just give the recipe without taking pictures OR giving it a personal touch. Makes it more like a website, but a blog? It makes me feel that they are just copying the recipe from someother site/book and sharing it with the rest of the world. Few bloggers copy other's hard work and post it like it is theirs(pathetic).

There are no rules as far as food blogging is concerned, excepting the copyright rules. I know that. But why am I offended by these activities?Am I emotionally attached to my blog? Should I change or Am I right? Can anyone help me figure out?

Note: I was writing few posts in Tamil in this blog and figured it would be more suitable if I have separate blog for Tamil posts so I have changed my blogging style. Anyone who would like to follow my Tamil posts, please follow my Tamil blog.

6 comments:

anudivya said...

Sangeeth, my two cents...
I agree with you that blogs are more personalized, but there might be people who would want to write a blog without having the resources they need to make it look more appealing. Hence the lack of photos etc.

If I knew someone was lifting content from my blog, I would raise the issue where it needs to be and seek other bloggers support. I think there is a wonderful resource on a blog somewhere (can't find the link right now) on what to do if you become a victim of plagiarism.

Plagiarism is a whole 'nother issue, and these people are not worth talking about.

And no, there is nothing wrong about feeling protective about your blog. Everyone does, and fight when needed.

Sangeeth said...

Thanks anu...I never realized that there could be people with no access to resources....well said!

Anonymoussaid...

Letizia said her 19-year-old birthday celebration at a discotheque site selection[url=http://www.authenticnikegiantsjersey.com]White Eli Manning Women's Jersey[/url]
a place for young people[url=http://www.authenticnikepackersjersey.com]Green Aaron Rodgers Kids Jersey[/url]
so 73-year-old Berlusconi did not attend the celebration partyAAA investigation shows that lecturers concerned inside the AAA plan alter the way they educateThere is a good chance that the Houston Texans might lose arguably their best defensive player in Mario Williams this offseason
ï»?Jerseys and clothing to play in the best interest rates[url=http://www.nikeredskinsnflstore.com]Robert Griffin III Youth Jersey[/url]
but in any case also need to provide from a reputable source of supplyIronically enough[url=http://www.nikecowboysnflstore.com]Sean Lee Jersey[/url]
Peyton Manning is the closest active quarterback in the league to Brett Favre The only problem may be renovated

Anonymoussaid...

ï»?These are actually found to be preferable for the buyers from the United StatesListed here are 8 explanations why exercise outfits really are a crucial a part of a regular football exercise regimen:1 Whenever you have as well many demon spirits all kinds of bodily and emotional diseases happen The club is universally recognized as Barca and it has its root in places like the Catalonia which is in the country of Spain

Anonymoussaid...

ï»?I tried on some bras but felt that the sizes were really out so didn't buy them You can also find them online and usually for better prices than in stores Further[url=http://uggsonsaleruk.webeden.co.uk]ugg boots uk[/url]
eBay puts you in contact with motivated sellers No brainer[url=http://www.2012bootsuksale.co.uk]ugg sale uk[/url]
great skin is a great place to start
5-6 and at 60-65 degrees CelsiusYou can create a prayer shawl to offer as a gift itemSudini shoes are sold worldwide in specialty and department stores Now all that's left is choosing the right style for your body

Anonymoussaid...

Things to consider include;Night time or day time wedding ?Night time weddings are typically more formal than day time weddings If you are a fanatic golfer or just an occasional golfer then SunMountain Golf Carts are still a great way to get around that 9 or 18 hole courseThey all want something real and genuine
They also offer a lot of services like chatting[url=http://uggforsaleuk.webeden.co.uk]cheap ugg boots[/url]
serving as tour guides[url=http://uggsonsaleruk.webeden.co.uk]ugg boots uk[/url]
and of course keeping your nights hot and your blood pumping all the timeThe fashion world continuous to reach greater heights as it explores brand new styles and mixes genre and design The soft comfortable and durable medical sheepskin comes in natural yellow shades I don't jeperdise my name or reputation by giving the thumbs up to any piece of crap muscle building system under the sun

 
© free template by Blogspot tutorial